Sunday, May 4, 2014

Mother's Day Cards















     I made two Mother's Day cards this weekend one for my mother and one for my sister. Two of the best mothers I know! My mother loves butterflies, so I used the Memory Box butterfly border die to create her card. I used a technique inspired by Jennifer McGuire from one of her videos. She is super talented! I cut the sentiment on my Silhouette Cameo using an image from the Silhouette store. I was able to use the outline of the die for the inside of my card. I have begun decorating the inside of my cards after watching Amy R's videos on YouTube. Amy and Jennifer are very talented ladies and you should check out their blogs. The card below I made using Lawn Fawn Let's Polka paper and Stampin Up's Banner Blast stamp set. The background was made with Stampin Up's canvas background stamp, it is an oldie but still a goodie! The sentiment on the inside of both cards came from Avery Elle's mini set Simply Said: Love.
     I am putting these cards in a couple of challenges this week. Challenge #43 over at A Blog Named Hero is an inspired by challenge which as I already said Jennifer McGuire inspired the butterfly card. Avery Elle is having a Mother's Day theme challenge and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog is anything goes this week. Let me know what you think, I love hearing from you.
Keep Crafting!






No comments:

Post a Comment